E-ISSN: 2619-9467

Cover    
Year 2011 - Volume 21 - Issue 2

Open Access

Peer Reviewed

ORIGINAL RESEARCH
1765 Viewed510 Downloaded

The Evaluation of the Biopsy Results Taken Under Colposcopy in Patients with Abnormal Cervicovaginal Smear Results
Anormal Servikovajinal Smear Saptanan Hastalarda Kolposkopi Eşliğinde Alınan Biyopsi Sonuçlarının Değerlendirilmesi

Full Text PDF  
Turkiye Klinikleri J Gynecol Obst. 2011;21(2):83-8

Article Language: TR
Copyright Ⓒ 2020 by Türkiye Klinikleri. This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
ÖZET
Amaç: Anormal servikovajinal "smear" sonuçları saptanan hastalarda kolposkopi eşliğinde, alınan biyopsi sonuçlarının değerlendirilmesi. Gereç ve Yöntemler: Servikovajinal "smear"lerinde epitelyal hücre anormalliği saptanan ve kolposkopik muayene eşliğinde servikal biyopsileri alınan 111 hasta prospektif olarak değerlendirildi. Hastaların sosyo-demografik verileri, yaş, gravida, parite, ekonomik düzey, eğitim durumu, ilk cinsel ilişki yaşı, partner sayısı ve sigara kullanıp kullanmadığı araştırıldı. Bulgular: Bethesda sınıflamasına göre; 96 (%86.5) olguda skuamöz hücre anormalliği ve 15 (%13.5) olguda glandüler hücre anormalliği saptandı. Olguların biyopsi sonuçları değerlendirildiğinde; 40 ASC-US olgusunun 5 (%12.5)'inde CIN-1, 1 (%2.5)'inde CIN-2, 2 (%5)'sinde CIN-3 ve 1 (%2.5)'inde invaziv kanser saptandı. ASC-H saptanan 3 hastanın 1 (%33.3)'inde karsinoma insitu, 2 (%66.7)'sinde invaziv kanser tespit edildi. 39 LSIL' li hastada, 28 (%71) normal patoloji sonucu, 1 (%2.6) karsinoma in situ saptandı. HSIL saptanan 14 hastanın, 4 (%28.6)'ü normal ve 5 (%35.7)'i invaziv kanser tanısı aldı. "Smear"de AGUS saptanan 15 olgudan; 10 (%66.7)'u normal, 3 (%20)'ü invaziv serviks kanseri tanısı aldı. Sonuç: Glandüler hücre anormallikleri ve yüksek grade'li sitolojik anormalliklerde kolposkopik muayene mutlaka yapılmalı, düşük gradeli lezyonlarda preinvaziv bir lezyonu atlamamak veya gereksiz invaziv uygulamalardan kaçınmak için kolposkopi eşliğinde muayene veya takip açısından hasta seçimi iyi yapılmalıdır.
ABSTRACT
Objective: To evaluate the results of biopsies taken during colposcopy in patients with abnormal cervicovaginal smear results. Material and Methods: Cervical biopsies were taken during colposcopy examination of 111 patients whose cervicovaginal smears showed abnormal epithelial cells. 111 patients were prospectively evaluated. Their socio-demographic data, age, gravida, parity, socioeconomic status, educational status, age at first intercourse, number of partners, and being or not being a smoker were investigated. Results: According to the classification of Bethesda, squamous cell abnormalities were detected in 96 (86.5%) patients and 15 (13.5%) patients had abnormal glandular cells. When the biopsy results of the patients were evaluated, out of 40 ASC-US cases CIN-I was detected in 5 (%12.5) cases, CIN-II in 1 (%2.5) case, CIN-III in 2 (5%) cases and invasive cancer was detected in 1 (2.5%) case. Out of the 3 patients with detected ASC-H, in 1 (33.3%) patient carcinoma in situ and in the other 2 (66.7%) patients invasive cancers were detected. In the 39 LSIL patients, 28 (71%) had normal pathology results and 1 (2.6%) had carcinoma in situ. Out of the 14 patients with detected HSIL, 4 (28.6%) patients were diagnosed with inflammatory changes and 5 (35.7%) with invasive cancer. 10 (66.7%) patients out of the 15 whose smear tests showed AGUS were diagnosed with normal pathological findings, and another 3 (20%) were diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer. Conclusion: Colposcopic examination must be performed in the presence of glandular cell and high-grade cytologic abnormalities. In the low-grade lesions, in order to not miss out a preinvasive lesion or in order to avoid unnecessary invasive applications, the medical examinations should be carried out with the aid of colposcopy or the patients should be chosen carefully for the follow-ups.